Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ginger Milk Curd

Ginger Milk Curd, also known as Jiang1 Zhi1 Zhuang4 Nai3. Its easy to make this if you get it right.. I have the most experience in this... (as in failures..)

If I did not remember it wrongly, I tried this for about 5 or 6 times, and each time I failed to get the curds, so I end up drinking ginger milk.. haha!

See the milk curds?


A clearer picture.. I know this looks like the steamed egg custard that I've just posted, but its not the same..


One require steaming the other no.. And FYI, I made this 2 on the same day (half an hour apart). So by the time I finish both, I'm really really fullll~


Recipe adapted from KC, posted by Florence.


Ginger Milk Curd


Ingredients


115mL milk
1 tsp sugar (Omitted)
2 tsp ginger juice
0.25tsp vinegar (Freshly squeezed)


Methods

  1. Put vinegar and ginger juice in bowl.
  2. Scald milk and sugar till sugar dissolves.
  3. Remove milk from heat and stir for 15 times (to bring the temp of milk down).
  4. Pour into (1) and leave till set, for a firmer texture, steam on low heat for 6minutes.
  5. Serve warm or chilled.

I omited the sugar and just boil the milk till the side bubbles..


Milk should not be boiled till 100C as the addition it into the ginger juice would denature the enzymes, and curdings will not occur.


The ginger taste/smell is not too strong, so no worries.. And this dessert really warms up the body, and its good for a chilly weather!

No comments: