Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Marinated Guavas... DELICIOUS!!

Alright my dear friends, readers, and passerby-s out there... Please do believe me.. At least for once.. That this marinated guavas are really delicious!!

No no no.. I'm not the genius that "created" this recipe.. I got this recipe from Kitchen Capers, posted by Yvne (really thank you so much for sharing)!


The sweet little guavas.. They are really small, guess they're from thailand?


Hmm.. the addition of chilli doesn't make any differences to the taste.. I guess chilli padi will be better.. More SPICY!


Yes, this is the "MAGICAL" ingredient.. It's the one that make the dish so tasty!

The end result after 8hrs of marination..
The last yummy shot..

Sharing with you the recipe... with my variations

Marinated Guavas

Ingredients
3 large guava
2 pkt marinated mandarin orange peels
1 chilli (It's really optional)
3 lime

Methods
  1. Skin guavas and slice thinly, approx 2mm thick.
  2. Slice the mandarin peels thinly.
  3. Remove the seeds of the chilli, and slice the chilli thinly into stripes.
  4. Obtain the lime juice and chop up 1 lime.
  5. Mix guavas, peels, lime juice, chopped lime and chilli together. Toss to mix well.
  6. Transfer into a plastic container and store in fridge for 8 hrs b4 serving.
  7. Serve chilled.

Yes.. It's that easy peasy.. This recipe can easily yield a tub of guavas, but it definitely won't last long.. Cos my family polished off this tub within a day!


I marinated a smallllll quantity with the addition of chilli, the other big tub is chilli-free... Cos my parents aren't very adverturous when it comes to food..


Luckily I manage to keep a small container of it away in the corner of the fridge and bring it to my grandparents to try.. Yes, they (Aunty, uncles, grandparents) love it!


I gonna make some more real soon.. but this time round I gonna make some changes to it.. To perfect it!

Note

  1. I use only 1.5 pkt of peels and 3 small guavas.
  2. Tho I did not use any sugar, but I still find that it's too sweet. So I gonna rinse the peels b4 adding them to marinate together.
  3. My family finish off the whole tub even tho the marination time wasn't 8 hrs yet.. =p
  4. One word of advice.. Don't be afraid to make more, cos it's really POPULAR!!












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi carrie,
just to know that the chop lime is mean chop with e whole skin on or lime meat only n must chop fine??
I've got all ingd.ready, will try to do it soon. Thanks for advance..

rgds,
annabelle

Carrie said...

Hi Annabelle,

I chop up the whole lime.. that means it includes the white part + the green skin. Hope that helps!

Cheerios!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carrie,
Thanks for your kind reply.

rgds,
annabelle

Carrie said...

Hi Annabelle,

You're most welcome!

Hope you've fun trying this out, do let me know if you like it, k?

Cheerios!

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi Carrie,
This is classic! Looks like it's no longer a secret anymore! More & more people get to know this now! I've also came to know this only a year ago! ;)

Carrie said...

Hi Passionate Baker,

Yes, nowadays this recipe is easily obtainable. Thanks to those generous people for sharing!

Keke, quite busy recently to do any baking, but when I tot of these guavas, it makes me drool... Keke!

Cheerios!