Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Blackcurrent Cheese Tarts

Gosh! Couldn't believe it that it's been almost 2 months since my last post.. Hmm.. I guess no one reads my blog anymore, thinking that I've either gave up blogging, or baking.. Sheesh..

But nah, I'm still into my fav hobby (ie: baking).. Just that there's been lots of school work to complete, and tests to mug for.. And of course, distractions like facebook games, which can be quite addictive!

Nevertheless, I did bake something, sometime back, just that I did not have the time and effort to blog about it.

Blackcurrent Cheese Tarts! My favourite!

I got the recipe from Aunty Yochana's blog.



And finally I put the tart mould (ordered from Kitchen Capers sometime back) to a good use!


I'm just too ooo ooo generous with the blackcurrent filling, resulting in it sinking in.. Which I think that it's quite ugly... Keke..

Look at the flowy current filling..

My only complain for the tarts is that the vanilla extract I added in is too dark in colour, staining the cheese to a yellowish brown colour, yes, again, it's ugly!

It taste quite good, abeit that it's ugly.. =(

Sharing with you guys the recipe!

Blackcurrent Cheese Tarts

Ingredients

Pastry



  • 100g butter
  • 60g icing sugar
  • 30g beaten eggs
  • 200g plain flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence

Cream cheese filling

  • 300g cream cheese
  • 80g icing sugar
  • 1 tsp lemon paste
  • 15g vanilla essence
  • 50g whipping cream
  • 25g cornflour (sieved)
  • 2 large eggs

Some blackcurrent jam as topping

Methods

  1. Cream butter, icing sugar till slightly creamy
  2. Add in beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla essence.
  3. Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
  4. Press dough into tart mould and cut off excess dough.
  5. Bake the tart mould till half-baked and let it cool slightly.
  6. Cream cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy.
  7. Add in lemon paste and vanilla essence.
  8. Add in eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition.
  9. Add in whip cream and mix evenly
  10. Pour filling into half-baked tarts, scoop a little blueberry jam topping on top of filling and then use a skewer to swirl into a marble effect and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10 to 15 mins. or till set.
  11. Leave to cool before serving.

I brought the tarts to school to share with my friends, and of course to get their comments.. Generally good, and thank so much guys for being so generous w the comments!

No comments: