Monday, March 30, 2009

Steamed Tofu for Dinner...

"Contributed" this dish for dinner last night.. It was a real simple and fail-proof dish.. Simple and healthy.. Suitable enough for my family's diet (woppes, or rather mine) keke!

Got the inspiration from my Aunty.. She used to make this dish for me and my cousins to have for lunch. So I recreated this dish based on my memory..

My Aunty's version uses Egg tofu, century egg, salted egg yolk and minced chicken. But of course, I just make use of those things that are available in the fridge.. Don't wanna make another trip to the market.. (yes... I'm lazy..) Hehee..

Steam Tofu

1 packet tofu/ 2 tubes egg tofu
3 prawns
50g minced pork
1 egg
1 tsp chicken stock
Spring Onion
Chilli

Seasonings (suitable amount of:)
Soy sauce
Pepper
Sesame oil
Hua Diao Jiu (chinese cooking wine)

Methods
  1. Carefully remove tofu and rinsed under water. Pat dry.
  2. Cut tofu into 9 equal pieces and arrange them on the steaming plate.
  3. In the middle of the tofu, scoop up some tofu, creating a "hole".
  4. Cut prawns into smaller pieces and mix with the minced pork. Mix in the seasonings.
  5. Form small balls out of the meat mixture and place onto the tofu. Garnish with spring onions and chilli.
  6. Beat an egg with some sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper and chicken stock, pour onto the steaming plate.
  7. Steam over medium heat for 15 mins.
  8. Serve hot.

4 comments:

Maya Yunos said...

Hei! I remember cooking this in Home econ class! It was gud :)

Carrie said...

Hi Maya,

Yeah, taste yummy and healthy.. Keke!! Something good and helpful to the wasitline.. Keke

Cheerios!

Nicholas VAX said...

Interesting, normally i do it without steam egg. Next time will try this method :)

Carrie said...

Hi Nicholas,

Yeah, should try it! Hope you'll like it!

Cheerios!