Nah, actually I wasn't away.. Just that the laziness in me refrained me from baking and posting.. Finally.. Now I'm left with the last sem to go before graduating.. So, officially I've cleared the last exam in poly! Double yea!
Anyway.. I baked a Pumpkin Kueh some time back.. (Long time back actually).
I forgot where I got this recipe from.. So if anyone of you out there know, please let me know, K?
Baked Pumpkin Kueh
- 500g pumpkin (cut into small pieces)
- 300g water
- 160g plain flour/ Cake flour
- 120g sugar (Reduced to 80g)
- 175g coconut milk (Replaced with milk)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Lined and grease a 7 inch square tin with butter and set aside.
- Cook pumpkin in water till soft.
- Remove pumpkin, mashed and set aside to cool.
- Using a hand whisk, mix flour, sugar, salt, coconut milk, and mashed pumpkin together till smooth.
- Add in eggs and mix till well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared tin and bake for 30mins - 40mins.
- Remove kueh and set aside to cool.
Although no doubt that the cake is edible... But personally I don't really like the taste of the cake.. I think I still like my pumpkin kueh to be savoury, something just like Yam cake??
Anyway, personally I find that the kueh has this flour smell.. Or is it that the pumpkin that I used is not fragrant.. I doubt I'll attempt this recipe again.. but still it's a good experience!
Oh, I've realised that kueh tends to be quite soft upon removing it from the oven, at first I was rather upset thinking that I've failed, but after a hour or so when the kueh cooled down, it hardens a little, and the texture is pretty nice! =)