Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cinnamon Teacake

During one of the weekend, I went over to B's granny house to visit her. B's grandma is a jovial, caring and friendly old folk, which I like very much! Very nice to chat with and talk to!

So I bake her a Cinnamon Teacake, which I reckon this cake will be a hit among old folks. I particularly like the Cinnamon smell, very nice! My sister love this cake as well, she use to make it so often, at least twice a week (can you imagin that?) for family own consumption.

But after her short term passion towards baking wears off, I "took over" all the equipments and bakewares that she bought and this recipe as well.. And ever since then, whenever I'm visiting any folks or relatives, I usually tends to bake this recipe, because it's love by all!



CINNAMON TEACAKE
Ingredients
60g Butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g caster sugar (I use brown sugar for better flavours)
1 egg
150g self-raising flour
80ml milk
10g butter, extra, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp gound cinnamon
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 celcius. Grease deep 20cm round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
  2. Beat softened butter, extract, sugar, and eggs in a small bowl with electric mixer till very light and fluffy; this process takes about 5 - 10mins (depending on the type of mixer used).
  3. Using a spatula, gently fold in sifter flour, cinnamon powder and milk. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
  4. Bake cake for 30mins. Stand cake 5mins before turning the cake top side up onto wire rack. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon powder. Serve warm with butter.
  5. For cinnamon powder, just mix the caster sugar and ground cinnamon.

I top the cake with sliced almond to beautify the cake, and to add the extra crunch to the cakie.. Actually, I like mine serve with lots and lots of cinnamon sugar, makes the cake extra fragrant!

I find that the cake actually looks like Huat Kueh, because it has a big big smile. The cake is soft and moist, which goes well with a cuppa of hot coffee!

No comments: