Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yummy Cookies!

Baked this Cream Cheese Cookie sometime back... Just that I'm just too plain lazy to update my little bloggie.. Keke!

This cream cheese cookie taste like those Commercial Danish Cookies that comes in a round tin box.. It is slightly crispy on the outside, but soft and melt in the mouth inside.. So it's quite an interesting texture..

I made the cookies in different shapes.. Flowers, heart, star, pig... Etc..

I colour part of the cookie dough GREEN, while the rest plain. I had such a fun time rolling out the dough, cutting them and assembling them together.. Haha!

I'm so childish I know.. =P But doing cut out doughs reminds me of playdough/ plasticine.. Something I enjoy playing during the childhood days..

Spot the heart shape cookie with eyes and a smiley mouth?? Yes, that's my favorite of all, so cute right? The "saddist" within me pinch the eyes and the mouth to eat first before munching up the rest of the heart.. Hahaha!

Woppes! Zillions of sorry for the lousy pictures.. Hehe.. I baked these at night, and it was close to 2am by the time I'm done, so I'm really tired by then.. hee

I adapted the recipe from Aunty Yochana.

Cream Cheese Cookies
ingredients
150g butter
80g cream cheese
125g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
200g plain flour
1 egg yolk
80g cornflour
0.5 tsp baking powder
Dash of colouring of your choice
0.5tsp strawberry emulco (I omitted this)
Methods
  1. Cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese till soft and creamy.
  2. Add in vanilla essence and egg yolk
  3. Add in plain flour, cornflour and baking powder. Mix till a soft pliable dough is formed.
  4. Take some dough and mix in colouring of your choice (and emulco if using).
  5. Chill both dough for 30mins to harden them alittle.
  6. Roll out the uncoloured dough on floured surface and cut into shape of your choice.
  7. Roll out the coloured dough and make into shape of your choice and add onto the plain cookie dough (as a design). May use some egg whites to stick the details on.
  8. Place onto baking tray and bake in preheated oven at 150C for 20-25mins, or till slightly browned.
  9. Cool well before storing in airtight containers.
  10. Munch and Enjoy!!

No comments: